Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Update

I don't know why I'm posting now, but I feel like it's been a while.

Life at CBU has been awesome lately. Without a car for the first time in a really long time, I have gotten to feel more separated from San Diego than ever before. Not like this is always a good thing, but I finally feel like I'm, in college. I'm gone from home, and I'm not a rash decision away on a Friday morning from going home on the weekend. 

I will be an RA next year in Parkside South. And I can't wait. To be leading 30 some students, while living alongside them is going to be an incredible experience. I want to make an impact, and have community. But not for the sake of impact and community, but for the sake of lives changed by the Gospel of Jesus. That Gospel that so many know, but don't love; love, but don't act on. I want it to be the why of my time as an RA. That for the sake of Jesus' name, I will be an RA. Not for a cool room, free living, a check, or a lot of friends. It'll be a challenge, and only by His grace I will succeed. But because it is by His grace if I succeed, I KNOW I will. Because He is good, and because He has good works prepared for me beforehand. I'm not really nervous, but more just humbly confident and extremely excited to see Him move. Southside, strongside!

SDG

No comments:

Post a Comment